Aditya Birla is one of the biggest business groups in India. It is headquartered in Mumbai and operates in more than 30 counties. The company has more than 120,000 employees worldwide. The group was founded by a man named Shiv Narayan Birla in 1857. Since its inception, the business has seen both happy and tough times. However, Aditya Birla has never looked back and with their hard work left almost every competitor behind. Birla group has always been one of those patriotic kinds and this time around they are helping the country fight Coronavirus in India.
Aditya Birla Group On Coronavirus In India
Rajashree Birla is the official spokesperson of the company and also heads Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development. This is what he has to say on Coronavirus in India.
Given the severity of the disruption, there is a compelling need for a multi-pronged response that includes financial and material support, healthcare assistance and community responsibility.
The statement above clearly shows the group’s commitment towards helping the country in all tough times. Considering the current situation of Coronavirus in India and elsewhere, it is the companies like Aditya Birla Group that needs to step up and help the community.
Hon. Secretary Shri J P Gupta, Special Officer in charge of Covid Hospitals, Govt of Gujarat
visited #GirSomnath and inspected Civil Hospital Veraval & Aditya Birla Hospital
to check their preparedness for tackling Coronavirus cases in the district.@MoHFW_GUJARAT @JpShivahare pic.twitter.com/NByl9C8c0x
— Collector GirSomnath (@collectorgirsom) April 18, 2020
How Is Aditya Birla Helping The Community:
- The company has generously donated RS. 400 crores to the PM relief fund
- There is a special wing of the company that deals with all the coronavirus in India relief related measures. This wing has a grant of Rs. 50 crores
- The Aditya Birla Group arranged a 100-bed facility in a Mumbai hospital – Seven Hills
- Helping the community by spreading more awareness on the issue of Coronavirus in India. They ran a campaign responsible for visiting slums and telling them more about the Coronavirus in India, social distancing and more
- Helped a great deal and contributed 1 crore Rupees in providing PPE, masks, and other equipment to healthcare workers
- In collaboration with the textile ministry, Aditya Birla is producing triple-layer face masks and protective dresses
— Aditya Birla Group (@AdityaBirlaGrp) April 3, 2020
Amidst Coronavirus in India, Aditya Birla Group is one of the key players. The company is helping the country in the time need. The company is also keeping its employees safe by keeping practice the WHO-approved workplace SOPs and not laying off a single employee to date.